We are delighted to mark the recent publication of volume 51 of our peer-reviewed journal Northern Studies with a membership offer. If you join SSNS as a new member between today and 31 October, you will receive 13 months’ membership for the price of 12. This will include a copy of volume 51 sent to your door when you join, and a copy of volume 52 upon publication next year.
Members receive every volume of the journal delivered free to their door, as well as full digital access to back issues and all other out-of-print society publications. Access to the latest volumes is exclusive to members. Additionally, members receive discounts on fees to attend SSNS conferences and events, discounts on publications, and student members can apply for bursary support to attend our conferences.
UK Membership: £15
Joint UK Membership (2 persons at same address): £25
Overseas Membership: £18
UK Student Membership: £5
Overseas Student Membership: £9
If you join before the end of October, we will send you volume 51 of Northern Studies, which includes:
- ‘Impressions of a twelfth-century maritime ruler – Somerled: viking warrior, clan chieftain or traitor to the Scottish king?’ by Caitlin Ellis
- ‘Whence and whither, Óláfr? – A short conjecture about the location of ‘Laithlind’ by Dirk H Steinforth
- ‘Private Women and Public Men? A critique of the gendered dichotomy of the Viking Age’ by Tara Athanasiou
- ‘Three Scots Tombs in Riga’ by Kelsey Jackson Williams
- Plenty of additional content and reviews!
New members will also be supplied with a one-off discount code for use in our online book shop before the end of November.
If you want to take advantage of this offer and are a UK resident, please sign up as a Direct Debit member via this link: https://pay.gocardless.com/AL0002N0HQC7P3 (once you have registered, we will confirm which membership tier applies to you and the creation of your membership). If you are located overseas, please sign up for membership via this link: https://www.ssns.org.uk/product/ssns-membership/.