Guidelines for Contributors
Contributions for possible inclusion in Northern Studies and books for review are welcome and should be sent to
Dr Sarah Thomas
General Editor: Northern Studies
c/o Scandinavian Studies, University of Edinburgh
50 George Square, Room 1.07, Edinburgh EH8 9LH
Articles should be submitted in electronic form as an email attachment, authored in MS Word and with any formatting tags, printer commands and hidden code removed. In addition:
- The text should not be justified and automatic hyphenation should not be used.
- New paragraphs should be indented by 0.5 cm.
- Single inverted commas should be used for quotations, except for quotations within quotations.
- Quotations of over 60 words should be indented, with no quotation marks but with a line space above and below.
- Tables and high-resolution figures should be submitted separately, with captions, in electronic form.
A detailed style guide may be found here.
The clearing of all copyrights related to an article and any accompanying figures is the sole responsibility of the author. The Society does not accept responsibility for opinions expressed by contributors.
Submitted articles will be sent for peer-review. Comments from reviewers will be forwarded for consideration by the author and discussion with the editor. Accepted articles will be copy-edited and authors will receive page proofs which must be corrected to an agreed deadline prior to publication.
Further guidance is available from the editor.